“Breathe in the light and say goodbye.” – Oblivion, M83
Banner image credit CCP
14.06.yc121 Saisio < Okomon < The Forge
Suspended in my pod in goo aboard Voyager off the Abagawa gate in Saisio, I gaze or rather technically my camera drones focus in on the statue before me. Like the Astero in the palm of her hand, I too, or technically my ship, is cloaked silently drifting in the darkness. ‘Who is she? Where has she been?’ I think to myself, even though I know the answer to those questions. She is after all, me.
It’s hard to explain, it’s rather surreal, gazing on a monumental construction as large as the highest mountains on Achura, my home world, with its likeness as your own. She’s returned home a different person than when she left those many years ago, but much like how she’s anchored here in Saisio, I’m grounded by the memory of my ancestors. When it was time to find home, I knew my way.
‘Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini.’ I think of the old Achurian (Māori) proverb.
“I’m sorry Captain Sae, I’m unable to translate that language.” Allison points out.
I smile and reply with my thoughts, ‘I know, it’s an Achurian proverb basically meaning my success shouldn’t be given to me alone, as it wasn’t an individual success, but rather the success of a group effort – Signal Cartel.’
I waited to come here after the celebrations and visitations had faded. Local traffic in Saisio still had a fair amount of activity, but now it was mostly folks going about with their daily business rather than touring the monument. The time was right for a visit of my own, but what now? Where do I go from here?
‘He kākano ahau i ruia mai i Rangiātea.’ I am a seed which was sown in the heavens of Rangiatea. ‘Aue, I am a dreamer like my Grandfather before me. Perhaps I’ll stargaze a little while longer, breathe in the light, and say goodbye.’
Whakaaria mai Tōu r peka ki au.
Tiaho mai ra roto i te pō.
Hei kona au titiro atu ai.
Ora, mate hei au koe noho ai.
OOC: So what will I do with Katia now? I created her with the sole purpose to visit all of New Eden, that was her story, that was her arch, and now she is done. I’m happy, she’s happy, we’re both content. I’ve jokingly said she’s selling memorial snow globes at the gift shop. For now she’s retired in Saisio, but who knows what the future may hold.
As for this blog, I’ll keep it online, but not active, this will be my last post. Even if she should become an active character again, I doubt I would restart the blog. However, I have taken on the role of editor of Signal Cartel’s Group Blog, so I’ll be tending to that, encouraging others to write and post, and when I do get that itch to write, I’ll do so there instead.
And as a player? Well, it just so happens, if you’ve read my blog you’ll know, I do have another character in Signal Cartel, so I’m still playing. I also have an alt in Lucifer’s Hammer, A Band Apart. Huge shoutout to Rixx Javix and the gang. Great group of folks who’s ideology, excluding PvP, is similar to Signal’s with the be respectful of others and always say good fight in local. So, if you’re interested in the wolf pack PvP Low Sec pirate life or just want to hammer out some industry or other areas of PvP like wormhole space, they have several different corps to choose from. Click on the Stay Frosty link.
Of course, if you’re an explorer, I’m sure you can figure out what corporation I would recommend, Signal Cartel, Can’t Stop the Signal. To join follow this link and be sure to check out our Credo. Oh, and one other thing, it’s a common misconception that we’re pacifist. Some of us are, Katia became one over the course of her journey, but through her Null Sec leg she was prepared to defend herself. There have been many that have attacked my fellow Signaleers and were quite surprised to find themselves in their pods. Of course, we don’t pod, but be sure you’re flying what you can afford to lose. 😉
For this final post, I wanted to index some of my blog site with links to some favorite entries. So, if you want to check those out and other highlights, see below. Oh! Check out the video at the end too. I finally did get to see the Disney movie Moana and sure enough, Katia’s story is similar. Katia became a Stargazer like her ancestors before her much like Moana became a Wayfinder like her ancestors who sailed before her, among other similarities. Yeah, yeah, I’m gonna catch a lot of flak for that, it’s Disney, lots of songs, etc, but good stuff and I enjoyed it. 😉
Thanks to you, my followers, you encouraged me to keep at it, to not give up, to see this journey to its end. To all of those I have thanked so far, again thanks so much and to you my readers and followers, I thank you most of all. ❤❤❤
Always fly clever!
About Katia Sae
- Begun in Katia’s home system Saisio – 1st December 2009 (yc111)
- Returning after hiatus – 1st March 2014 (yc116)
- Empire completed – 4th July 2014 (yc116)
- Null Sec begun – 9th July 2014 (yc116)
- Known space completed – 26th November 2015 (yc117)
- Wormhole space begun – 3rd January 2016 (yc118)
- It is Finished – 9th March 2019 (yc121)
- Polaris the Magical Mystery Tour
- K-Space Reflections
- Far, Far from Home
- Delve Run Run Away
- Nefarious Querious
- Catching Fire
- Not Dead Yet
- Where I’ve Been. Where I’m Going.
- Mission Update: 4k and Beyond!
- Northward Bound
- Only Passing Through, Honest
- Fountain: The Final Frontier
- Can’t Stop the Signal
- Years have flown by my open window
- Signal Cartel Celebrating Four Years
- Behind the Great Hunt Part 1
- Behind the Great Hunt Part 2
- Behind the Great Hunt Part – Show Time
- An Effective Team
- EvE Scout Observatory
- So, you want to explore all of New Eden?
- Astrophotography 101
- Interviews with New Eden Explorers
- Know Your Wormhole Space
Research Project “W”
The Journey of Katia Sae Memorial
Guinness World Records
- First Official Recognition CCP Falcon
- EVE Online Official Twitter
- CCP Hilmar Official Twitter
- EVE Onion
EVE Online Videos
- The Pulse – Official Recognition
- The Scope – Achievement mentioned in ticker (Lore)
- The Scope – Monument Revealed (Lore)
- EVE Updates – April Release 2019
- EVEsterdam – Monument first reveal (24m mark)
- EVEsterdam – CCP Fozzie talks about the monument (1h 40m mark)
- EVE Vegas 2019 – Art of EVE, Landmarks & Monuments (3h 10m mark)
Galactic Hour News Roundup (Lore)
- Suukuvestaa Launches New Achura Tourism Campaign in Minmatar Market
Online Gaming Articles
- Kotaku – EVE Online Player Is The First To Visit Every Star System In The Game
- Polygon – One player spent 10 years exploring every corner of Eve Online
- Den of Geek – EVE Online: 15 Most Beautiful Places and Sights in New Eden
- Den of Geek Video – The Must-See Sights of EVE Online
- MMORPG – One Intrepid EVE Online Capsuleer Has Explored Every Reachable System
- MMORPG – EVE Online Celebrates Katia Sae With a Monument in the Saisio System
- MMORPG – First Capsuleer to Explore All EVE Online Systems Awarded World Record
- Massively OP – EVE Evolved: Chatting up EVE Online world record holder
- MMORPG – EVE Vegas 2019: Creating Katia Sae
Podcast and Talks
- Talking in Stations – Katia’s Voyage
- Declarations of War – Around the World in 9 Years with Katia Sae
- Talking in Stations – Brisc’s Agony and Katia’s Ecstasy
- EVE University Talk with Mynxee, Thrice Hapus, and Katia Sae
- Talking in Stations – Eve Vegas 2019 Interview
- Ancient Gaming Noob – Celebrating Katia Sae
- Ancient Gaming Noob – Visiting the Katia Sae Monument
- EVE Travel – Journey of Katia Sae Memorial
- Jezaja’s Giant Secure Container
- New Eden Report
Pictures & Videos
- Jin’taan – 5 Unique Sites to Visit in EVE Online (Video)
- Razorien – The Great Fleet Originals (Pictures)
- A Visit to the Katia Sae Monument Video by K T (Video)
- Redoubt Celebrations & The Great Fleet (Pictures)
- The Journey of Katia Sae Memorial (Pictures)
- End of a Journey (Pictures)
- DaGaimez – EvE Gamer WINS Guinness Book of World Record! (Video)
Whakaaria Mai – Māori hymn (prayer)
Show your cross to me.
Let it shine there in the darkness.
To there I will be looking.
In life, in death let me rest in thee.